PolitickerNJ Wire Feed
TOP 10 MOST INSPIRING, MOTIVATIONAL OR MEMORABLE LINES:
(October 11, 2007) Back by popular demand, the Burlington County Democrats today unveiled their second in a series of David Letterman Style Top 10 Lists.
10. "Sometime, Rock, when the team is up against it, when things are going wrong and the breaks are beating the boys- tell them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy." -George "The Gipper" Gipp
9. “I want to give him the heat and announce my presence with authority!” -Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
8. “Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! -Bluto
7. “No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.” –Dan Devine
6. “It's easy to grin / When your ship comes in / And you've got the stock market beat. / But the man worthwhile, / Is the man who can smile, / When his shorts are too tight in the seat.” –Judge Smails
5. “Apollo was like my son. I raised him. And when he died a part of me died. But now you're the one. You're the one that's gonna keep his spirit alive. You're the one that's gonna make sure that he didn't die for nothing. Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed. But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing.” – Duke
4. “My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.” – Maximus
3. “…today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth… 'So I close in saying that I might have been given a bad break, but I have an awful lot to live for! Thank you.' " – Lou Gehrig
2. “If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.” –Coach Norman Dale
1. “LET’S WIN THIS ONE FOR MARTHA!” –Glenn Paulsen
While describing to fellow Republicans a conversation he said he had with Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Gov. Chris Christie borrowed a self-attribution from his old pal George W. Bush.Read More >
Winners and Losers: Week of July 21st Christopher Rodriguez Governor Chris Christie this week announced his selection of the CIA operative as New Jersey’s next Director of the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (OHSP). (Politicker Staff) http://www.politickernj.com/77941/winners-and-losers-week-july-21st Torres saddles up with Fulop and Baraka for...
By Michael Capelli As a 30 year union carpenter, I learned first-hand how important it was to have the right tools for the job. Now as the Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the 30,000 men and women of the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters I... Read More >
"A pain management surgeon, Roque said he estimates that the trial and initial loss of patients and other headaches may have personally cost him about $800,000. Ouch." - columnist Agustin Torres, the Political Insider- The Jersey Journal
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.