PolitickerNJ Wire Feed
TOP 10 MOST INSPIRING, MOTIVATIONAL OR MEMORABLE LINES:
(October 11, 2007) Back by popular demand, the Burlington County Democrats today unveiled their second in a series of David Letterman Style Top 10 Lists.
10. "Sometime, Rock, when the team is up against it, when things are going wrong and the breaks are beating the boys- tell them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy." -George "The Gipper" Gipp
9. “I want to give him the heat and announce my presence with authority!” -Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
8. “Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! -Bluto
7. “No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.” –Dan Devine
6. “It's easy to grin / When your ship comes in / And you've got the stock market beat. / But the man worthwhile, / Is the man who can smile, / When his shorts are too tight in the seat.” –Judge Smails
5. “Apollo was like my son. I raised him. And when he died a part of me died. But now you're the one. You're the one that's gonna keep his spirit alive. You're the one that's gonna make sure that he didn't die for nothing. Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed. But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing.” – Duke
4. “My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.” – Maximus
3. “…today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth… 'So I close in saying that I might have been given a bad break, but I have an awful lot to live for! Thank you.' " – Lou Gehrig
2. “If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.” –Coach Norman Dale
1. “LET’S WIN THIS ONE FOR MARTHA!” –Glenn Paulsen
Dissed by Gov. Chris Christie, New York Republican Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino said Christie should consider stepping down from his post as chairman of the Republican Governors Assocation.Read More >
Union County Sheriff Ralph Froehlich has died Union County today mourns the loss of the longest-serving sheriff in New Jersey history, who died last night at the age of 83. (Editor/PolitickerNJ) http://www.politickernj.com/77506/union-county-sheriff-ralph-froehlich-has-died Cryan serving as acting Union County sheriff, poised to run in November ...
By JEFF BRINDLE Much has been written about the magnitude of campaign spending by independent special interest groups. But until now, there has been little discussion about the impact. During the 2012 Presidential and Congressional contests,... Read More >
"As soon as you step into the lake on foot or in a boat, you're in the state's domain. I feel bad for the snake, and I hope it gets rescued before it dies when it gets cold. It didn't mean to get let out there. This snake should be one thing we can get together on and not worry about party affiliation. Unless the snake's a Democrat." - Republican Mount Arlington Mayor Arthur Ondish- PolitickerNJ
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.