PolitickerNJ Wire Feed
TOP 10 MOST INSPIRING, MOTIVATIONAL OR MEMORABLE LINES:
(October 11, 2007) Back by popular demand, the Burlington County Democrats today unveiled their second in a series of David Letterman Style Top 10 Lists.
10. "Sometime, Rock, when the team is up against it, when things are going wrong and the breaks are beating the boys- tell them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy." -George "The Gipper" Gipp
9. “I want to give him the heat and announce my presence with authority!” -Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
8. “Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! -Bluto
7. “No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.” –Dan Devine
6. “It's easy to grin / When your ship comes in / And you've got the stock market beat. / But the man worthwhile, / Is the man who can smile, / When his shorts are too tight in the seat.” –Judge Smails
5. “Apollo was like my son. I raised him. And when he died a part of me died. But now you're the one. You're the one that's gonna keep his spirit alive. You're the one that's gonna make sure that he didn't die for nothing. Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed. But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing.” – Duke
4. “My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.” – Maximus
3. “…today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth… 'So I close in saying that I might have been given a bad break, but I have an awful lot to live for! Thank you.' " – Lou Gehrig
2. “If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.” –Coach Norman Dale
1. “LET’S WIN THIS ONE FOR MARTHA!” –Glenn Paulsen
With the support of Gov. Chris Christie, Jamie Fox is on the fast track to get back to the Department of Transportation (DOT). The question is why?Read More >
Guv prospects Fulop and Sweeney add voices to Silva, Stack and striking 1199 SEIU workers UNION CITY – They tried out their blue collar tough guy tonsils today in front of a purple-shirted crowd of striking healthcare workers – two of three as-yet-undeclared Democratic candidates for governor: Jersey City...
By JEFF BRINDLE It is critical that the Legislature soon enact a pending bill that would ensure the state’s Gubernatorial Public Financing Program is available in the event of a special election for governor. Not only is there no current legal... Read More >
“We’re going to hold the line until hell freezes over, and when hell freezes over, we’re going to hold the line on ice skates." - Assemblyman Raj Mukherji (D-31), at yesterday's SEIU 1199 rally.- PolitickerNJ
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.