A close ally of gov. Chris Chrisite's, state Sen. Kevin O'Toole (R-40) will serve as the Senate Republican member of the New Jersey Legislative Select Committee on Investigation, according to the Senate Majority Office.
Christie's senate-level mechanic and cross-the-aisle of Senate President Steve Sweeney's (D-3), O'Toole has a reputation as a fierce inquisitor.
Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto (D-32) and Sweeney on Friday announced the other members appointed to the New Jersey Legislative Select Committee on Investigation.
Sweeney and Prieto appointed:
· Asm. John Wisniewski (D-Middlesex), co-chair;
· Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg, co-chair;
· Asw. Marlene Caride (D-Bergen/Passaic);
· Asm. Michael Patrick Carroll (R-Morris/Somerset);
· Sen. Nia Gill (D-Essex/Passaic);
· Sen. Linda Greenstein (D-Middlesex/Mercer);
· Assembly Majority Leader Lou Greenwald (D-Camden/Burlington);
· Asw. Amy Handlin (R-Monmouth);
· Asw. Holly Schepisi (R-Bergen/Passaic);
· Asw. Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen);
· Asw. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-Mercer/Hunterdon).
The Asbury Park Press last night mopped up after NBC anchor Brian Williams overreached when he said the feds had cleared Gov. Chris Christie of wrongdoing in a federal investigation, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.Read More >
NBC News: Federal charges ruled out for Christie in Bridgegate scandal NBC News tonight is reporting that federal investigators say after nine months of investigating Bridgegate there is 'no evidence" that Gov. Chris Christie had advance knowledge about any politically motivated scheme around the bridge lane closures at the...
By JEFF BRINDLE It is critical that the Legislature soon enact a pending bill that would ensure the state’s Gubernatorial Public Financing Program is available in the event of a special election for governor. Not only is there no current legal... Read More >
“The fact is that they’ve been digging around for eight months now and have found absolutely nothing. Wrap up your work. Do your job." - Gov. Chris Christie- PolitickerNJ
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.