A close ally of gov. Chris Chrisite's, state Sen. Kevin O'Toole (R-40) will serve as the Senate Republican member of the New Jersey Legislative Select Committee on Investigation, according to the Senate Majority Office.
Christie's senate-level mechanic and cross-the-aisle of Senate President Steve Sweeney's (D-3), O'Toole has a reputation as a fierce inquisitor.
Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto (D-32) and Sweeney on Friday announced the other members appointed to the New Jersey Legislative Select Committee on Investigation.
Sweeney and Prieto appointed:
· Asm. John Wisniewski (D-Middlesex), co-chair;
· Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg, co-chair;
· Asw. Marlene Caride (D-Bergen/Passaic);
· Asm. Michael Patrick Carroll (R-Morris/Somerset);
· Sen. Nia Gill (D-Essex/Passaic);
· Sen. Linda Greenstein (D-Middlesex/Mercer);
· Assembly Majority Leader Lou Greenwald (D-Camden/Burlington);
· Asw. Amy Handlin (R-Monmouth);
· Asw. Holly Schepisi (R-Bergen/Passaic);
· Asw. Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen);
· Asw. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-Mercer/Hunterdon).
PolitickerNJ extends condolences to Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg (D-37) and her family on the death of her brother.Read More >
One night in Clifton: Pascrell town hall crystallizes New Jersey's side of Arab-Jewish divide CLIFTON – It was the typical crowd with black yarmulkes and leopard-patterned hijab sprinkled among uncovered bald heads – Ukrainian, Turkish, Polish – Spanish Flamenco-style hair pulled back and framed by loop earrings and at...
By MICHAEL W. KLEIN In his weekly radio address on August 16, President Obama challenged colleges “to do their part to bring down costs” and lighten the tuition burden on students. The state colleges and universities in New Jersey have... Read More >
“Israelis don’t want peace more than the Palestinians, Palestinians don’t want peace more than the Israelis, but I do know one thing: Hamas is a terrorist organization.” - U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-9), Paterson.- PolitickerNJ
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.