PolitickerNJ Wire Feed
(TRENTON) - ssembly Homeland Security Committee Chair Annette Quijano on Thursday urged New Jersey residents to be prepared and follow all necessary precautions as Winter Storm Nemo approaches the Northeast.
"Residents should remain cautious and heed warnings from local officials as this severe winter storm may create dangerous conditions," said Quijano (D-Union). "The state will continue to closely monitor this storm closely to ensure state resources are available to assist impacted communities."
As part of preparation, the Assemblywoman recommended people should:
- Always be ready with your Emergency Kit and Emergency Action Plan, which is available at: www.ready.gov
- Important items to have include: flashlights, batteries, first aid kits, canned food, and water
- Consult your County Office of Emergency Management for important local information including emergency shelters, which can be found here
- Stay tuned to 211, local radio and TV stations or The Weather Channel for updates, watches, warnings or emergency instructions.
Chairwoman Quijano also provided numbers to contact in cases of emergencies where residents have no utilities:
- Atlantic City Electric: 1-800-833-7476
- JCP&L: 1-888-544-4877
- Orange Rockland Electric: 1-877-434-4100
- PSEG: 1-800-436-7734
- Elizabethtown Gas: 1-800-492-4009
- New Jersey Natural Gas: 1-800-221-0051
- NJ Transit alert system: www.njtransit.com/mytransit
- Port Authority of NY & NJ: 201-595-4530 or 201-595-4531
Following the advice of other emergency management officials, Quijano also urged residents to have their cell phones fully charged and to make sure that gas tanks are at least half full.
NJ Assembly Majority Office
The Progressive Democrats of America Co-Founder and National Director Tim Carpenter and State Chair Mary Ellen Marino today endorsed Bonnie Watson Coleman for the Democratic nomination in the 12thCongressional District.Read More >
Organization to honor Gov. KeanAn event next month for Community Options, Inc. will celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the organization's founding and honor Governor Tom Kean, Sr., a was an advocate over 25 years ago for bringing individuals with developmental disabilities out of state institutions into small group homes.Robert...
By HAYTHAM YOUNES As the May 13th election for Paterson officials nears, I've noticed a lot of candidates running using slogans and empty promises as if they weren't around watching Paterson get to where it's at today. I think it's important that... Read More >
"This is the only Tea Party group that endorsed Mitt Romney. These guys are the Vichy French of the Tea Party movement. They're the guys who say 'Viva la France,' and then you can't find them when the fighting starts. Come on." - GOP strategist Rick Shaftan, on the Independence Hall Tea Party group.- PolitickerNJ.com
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.