TRENTON – Trenton Mayor Tony Mack has been indicted on extortion and bribery charges, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
A federal grand jury in Trenton Thursday returned an eight-count indictment charging Mack, his brother, Ralphiel Mack, and Mack’s close associate, Joseph A. “JoJo” Giorgianni, with extortion, bribery and mail and wire fraud, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced.
The defendants were indicted in connection with a scheme to accept $119,000 in bribes in exchange for Mack’s official actions and influence in assisting cooperating witnesses in the development of an automated parking garage on city-owned land, according to the office.
Mack, 46, and the alleged co-conspirators were charged in September with one count of conspiracy to obstruct commerce by extortion.
The Indictment returned today adds the following charges:
• One count of attempted obstruction of commerce by extortion under the color of official right against Tony F. Mack, Giorgianni and Ralphiel Mack (Count 2);
• One count of accepting and agreeing to accept bribes against Tony F. Mack and Ralphiel Mack (Count 3);
• One count of giving and agreeing to give bribes against Giorgianni (Count 4);
• Three counts alleging that the defendants devised a scheme to defraud the City of Trenton and its citizens of money and property and of defendant Tony F. Mack’s honest services (Counts 5 to 7);
• One extortion count charging Giorgianni with participating in an additional scheme of arranging to steer a power washing contract to a city vendor in exchange for a kickback to a Trenton employee (Count 8).
Add U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez's name to the list of Democrats around the state unhappy with the choice of Assemblyman Jason O'Donnell as state party chairman.Read More >
Shavar Jeffries launches 2014 mayoral campaign in Newark NEWARK - The Boys and Girls clubs hosted the professionally staged announcement for Shavar Jeffries’ Mayoral candidacy announcement. Over 400 supporters packed the gym, some of whom had already committed to the candidate, while others were still undecided. Max Pizarro-PolitickerNJ.com http://www.politickernj.com/65777/shavar-jeffries-launches-2014-campaign-mayor-son-newark...
By Tedford J. Taylor No topic is a less likely conversation-starter than our eventual deaths. Still, there is a lot to talk about. When polled, about 90 percent of people presented with end-of-life scenarios prefer the prospect of dying at home with... Read More >
"I'm beyond disgusted by his choice." - Assemblyman Benjie Wimberly on Paterson Councilman Anthony Davis' decision to back Gov. Chris Christie.- PolitickerNJ.com
Press releases are submitted by PolitickerNJ users, not by staff. They do not represent the viewpoint of PolitickerNJ.com.